Total Pageviews

Friday 7 October 2011

Humanity & Hospitality - Are they for real?

Its been some times since I last blogged and the reason was simply because there was nothing special happening in my life and I was traveling a lot, first it was to my home town, Pollachi, a small town on the border of Tamilnadu and Kerala, surrounded by hill stations like Nilgiris (Ooty) and Kodaikanal & Vaalpaarai & Topslip. For people from Tamilnadu, all these hill stations might sound very familiar, thanks to thousands of movies shot in and around Pollachi from the black & white era to 3D now.

Anyways, apart from that, I had been to other places like T.N's cotton city Coimbatore and Sounth India's Textile city, Tirupur too. And, this trip left me thinking what kind of a life we lead these days and what are we running behind, in terms of money/success/power etc... The basic human emotions and feelings totally lack in the city life so much that people do not even realize the presence or absence of a neighbor. It simply doesn't make any sense to them at all. I am not blaming any one here, but, even I too have failed to notice if some one around me is actually there or not. And, why we are like this?

Is the so called society stop us from being humane?To interfere in others' lives and check them out? In my home town, I have seen people interfering and convincing two guys fighting with each other, be it a family affair or a civil affair.I had so far thought that its absolutely normal to do something like that, stopping two guys, who are complete strangers to you, from fighting with each other. But, once I shifted to Chennai, that part of me is gone long back. If you ask me now, if I ever will do such a thing, I will see you as crazy.(not me) True. So much to the Society and Sophistication.

However, i still see these gestures among people from lower class and if this categorization of people being termed as lower, middle or upper is based purely on their financial capacity, then I wouldn't agree that to be a standard against which they can be categorized. As for me, people have no classification or categorization.Because, Men and Women are equal. White and Black are Equal. What else can differentiate one from another?Money?No way...........What did Elvis Presley or Steve Jobs or even Shankar, our maidservant's husband who died last week, took with them while going?

Of all the virtues, I consider the human tendency of sharing your life and thoughts with others, showing emotions towards fellow humans as the greatest. End of the day, we don't take anything with us when we go, but only the memories and thoughts of our friends and family and remember, their memories are the only place where we live even after we are gone. This is just a request to all to actually poke your nose in to others' lives (of course not too much to get your nose cut off) and see not what they are doing but how are they doing in life.

Believe me, your life will change forever for good and for better. An honest question of how are you doing or why are you looking dull to your neighbor will change you in so many ways and who knows you might get a BFF for the rest of your life....True right?

No comments:

Post a Comment