Total Pageviews

Monday 27 June 2011

The other half

Our relationship are getting too complicated to handle these days, thanks to the technology that gave us a sinister instrument called Mobile Phones. I too was one of them, thrilled and enjoyed every benefit of the mobile phone and was so involved in exploring every feature of it. And, slowly mobile phone became a part of my life and it became my passion to always look out for new models and new features etc. Then, comes the intermission in my life when my former boy friend (now my husband) and I started getting annoyed with each other when either of us get an engaged tone or find the network out of coverage area or when not got a reply for our messages. And, back then we didn't realize we both faced same issues with each other. And, we both were working at different companies and that too in Marketing and Business Development.

Then, came the climax of our fight when once he lost his mobile on a conference trip and I couldn't reach him for an entire day with out realizing that he has lost his mobile and is unable to inform me either until evening. So, then the truth just dawned upon us that the sole reason for our all these catfights is this stupid and sinister little monster mobile phone.

And, that all was needed to realize and understand how sadly we have become slaves/dependents on technology and more sadly how we have lost that "TRUST" factor in relationships. When we get an engaged tone, there might be so many reasons like the other party might have got an irritating marketing call or an affectionate call from their mom/dad/sis/bro or might as well have got a wrong number. For people especially before marriage and just married couple, its always a doubt. Though, all of us convince ourselves by, "No way.....I completely trust my husband/wife and I am not that stupid to spoil my relationship by these unnecessary issues", our conscience knew it well what we think inside our mind.

For a boy friend or a girl friend, its always "is he talking to Pooja?" Check...Call Pooja.Check.Busy...Check..Boy friend...Busy...Check..Its Over and Out..Poor guy, so much for a busy network.
And, for newly married couples, its "whether he would have had an affair before who he is speaking to now?".

And, by the time you are done with this cat and mouse game and get tired with all such baseless guesses and stupid speculations, you would have easily crossed your thirty and wouldn't have time for such issues.You could notice that the number of calls n messages have gone less to 2/3 to a Zero some days.

Well, I think this what is better for all of us to have a healthy relationship. Earlier days, when our parents were at their 20's n 30's they dint have any mobile phones or access to their spouses 24X7 and they should have been absolutely happy about it. I am sure they too would have fought and argued with each other for petite issues, but never on not attending a call or not replying for a message for sure. And, the live proof is the number of divorce cases filed in those ages. I dint mean to say the poor mobile phones are the sole reason behind all these complications, but, the Technology itself plays an important part in managing and making our lives, I would say. TV, Internet, Mobile etc can never be avoided today, but can still be controlled and managed.

For me, I am the one using the mobile phone and not the other way around. Simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment